Frequently asked questions for the window heating system to stop condensation
Assembly and use of T-STRIPE:
- What sets T-STRIPE apart from other products?
- How can T-STRIPE be assembled and installed?
- Can I assemble T-STRIPE myself?
- Who can assemble T-STRIPE for me?
- I have skylights in some of my rooms (i.e. Velux), can I use T-STRIPE for these windows as well?
- How do I attach T-STRIPE to the windowpane precisely?
Choosing between the right T-STRIPE parts or the complete sets:
- What’s the right length to purchase?
- What should I do if the length I need is not available?
- Can I cut the T-STRIPE heating element?
- Can I connect several T-STRIPE heating elements with each other?
- Can I equip multiple windows with one T-STRIPE complete set?
Usage of thermostats and power supply:
- How do I install the thermostat and how does it work?
- What advantages does the radio thermostat have to offer?
- What voltage does T-STRIPE require?
- In what ways can I disguise the power supply without having to pry open my walls?
- Can I mount T-STRIPE with screws?
- Can I burn myself with T-STRIPE?
- How much maintenance does T-STRIPE require?
- How do I clean T-STRIPE and my window?
Airing and condensation water:
- Do I even need to air my rooms after installing T-STRIPE?
- Where did the condensation water go?
- Why does condensation water usually appear the most in the mornings?
- Can condensation occur in other locations in my home while I am using T-STRIPE?
1. What sets T-STRIPE apart from other products?
T-STRIPE has been designed with windows in mind and constitutes the first product of this kind on the market! Our heating system is already in use in countless flats, apartments, and office buildings. Thanks to this experience we can guarantee the effectiveness and reliability of T-STRIPE. But that wasn’t enough for us, and we also asked experts to conduct studies about our heating system. You can find details about these studies.
2. How can T-STRIPE be assembled and installed?
T-STRIPE can be attached directly to the window pane or disguised with either the aluminum bar or the window’s own glass strip. See Installation.
3. Can I assemble T-STRIPE myself?
Yes, you can find all the necessary instructions herein additionally to the instructions you will find in your package. All wiring should be done by an electrician.
4. Who can assemble T-STRIPE for me?
You can always contact us to assist you with assembly and installation. We will provide all instructions and support when needed.
5. I have skylights in some of my rooms (i.e. Velux®) – can I use T-STRIPE for them as well?
Skylights are prone to condensation water, and as such one of the prime areas for T-STRIPE. If you own skylights from Velux® we can offer you original cable ducts that make it possible for the power supply to be connected cleanly and without limiting the use of your windows.
6. How do I attach T-STRIPE to the windowpane precisely?
T-STRIPE can be attached via liquid adhesive or double-sided adhesive tape. Important in both cases is the prior cleaning of both heating element and windowpane with the special cleaning detergent. The tape method is considered easier, especially since it can also be used to attach the aluminum bar.
7. What’s the right length to purchase?
Simply calculate the circumference of your windows: 2x width + 2x length. At a circumference of 5.1m, you should order the T-STRIPE complete set for 4.4m – 5.4m. Under no circumstances should you use a shorter heating element.
8. What should I do when the length I need is not available?
Give us a call, we will find a solution suiting your needs.
9. Can I cut the T-STRIPE heating element?
Yes, usually the heating element needs to be shortened to fit your window frame. In the case of a 5.1m circumference of your window frame, you would cut the 5.4m heating element accordingly.
10. Can I connect multiple T-STRIPE heating elements with each other?
No, you have to order either the complete sets or the heating elements in suitable lengths. If the circumference of your window exceeds 18.1m then please contact us.
11. Can I equip serval windows with one T-STRIPE complete set?
No, but we can always provide you with individual solutions. Simply contact us with the specific measurements, a blueprint, or a photograph of your windows and rooms.
12. How do I install the thermostat and how does it work?
The probe will be attached to the window pane directly (usually in the lower corner of the window) and connected to the thermostat. You can connect up to ten windows to one thermostat, but usually, it proves to be more practical to install one thermostat per room. If the window glass cools down below the thresholded the thermostat simply turns T-STRIPE back on until the temperature of the glass is sufficient.
13. What advantages does the radio thermostat have to offer?
The radio thermostat will be attached directly to the windowpane and wirelessly triggers switch actuators whenever needed. One of these switch actuators can control up to five windows, depending on their circumference. A setup featuring radio thermostats is usually more expensive than standard installations but is used in connection with skylights and building management.
14. What voltages does T-STRIPE require?
T-STRIPE works with 230V and there is also a version for 110V. The heating element can directly be plugged into an outlet, there is no need for additional adaptors.
15. In what ways can I disguise the power supply without having to pry open my walls?
We recommend our cable duct, available in our webshop. Additionally, we recommend hiding wiring beneath plinths. Sometimes it’s also possible to have the wiring be lead along the outside of walls.
16. Can I mount T-STRIPE with screws?
Under no circumstances! The T-STRIPE heating elements are current-carrying parts and need to remain undamaged at all times! Handle the heating elements carefully during assembly and never bend or fold them. A damaged heating element must be replaced every time.
17. Can I burn myself with T-STRIPE?
No, the temperature of the heating element builds up similar to a radiator. It might feel hot to the touch but never heats up to a point where burns are a possibility.
18. How much maintenance does T-STRIPE require?
There is no maintenance needed. If you are using a thermostat however we recommend switching out the batteries once a year in the fall.
19. How do I clean T-STRIPE and my window?
Just as you did before installing T-STRIPE, it is resistant to all household cleaning detergents.
20. Do I even need to air my rooms after installing T-STRIPE?
No, airing your rooms regularly is still necessary. You can read up on How to correctly air and heat your rooms.
21. Where did the condensation water go?
Condensation water occurs whenever the temperature drops and/or humidity is too high. T-STRIPE heats up the edges of the windowpane and prevents any condensation water from forming. The humidity keeps being bound in the oxygen of the air in the room.
22. Why does condensation water usually appear the most in the mornings?
During nighttime windows cool down, resulting in most of the condensation water. After sunrise, the window panes start heating up again which adds to the effect continuously over time.
23. Can condensation occur in other locations in my home while I am using T-STRIPE?
No, because the overall humidity in your rooms remains unchanged. T-STRIPE only heats up areas where condensation can occur. If you detect condensation and/or mold in other places in your rooms then you should have an expert analyze your building.
T-STRIPE is a high-quality window heating system that provides protection against condensation and mold on your windows in winter.